Early Childcare Assistant
The Early Childhood Assistant program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in the field of early childhood education and care. It focuses on preparing students to support the development and well-being of young children in various childcare settings
- Child Development: This course covers the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of children from birth through age 8. Students will study the major theories of child development and apply this knowledge to the design and implementation of developmentally appropriate activities and materials.
- Family and Community Relationships: Course emphasizes positive relationships with families, effective communication, community involvement.
- Play and Learning: This course explores the role of play in early childhood education and how play can be used to support children’s learning and development.
- Inclusive Education: This course focuses on creating inclusive early childhood education environments for all children, including those with disabilities and other special needs.
- Assessment and Evaluation: In this course, Students will study different observation methods, learn how to create assessment tools, and explore how to use assessment data to guide curriculum planning.
- Early Childhood Literacy: Students will study current research on language and literacy development, learn strategies for supporting young children’s literacy skills, and explore the use of technology in early literacy education.
About the Career
The Early Childhood Assistant career involves providing support and assistance in the care and education of young children. Early Childhood Assistants work under the supervision of Early Childhood Educators or other childcare professionals to ensure the well-being, safety and development of children.
The Early Childhood Assistant program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in the field of early childhood education and care. It focuses on preparing students to support the development and well-being of young children in various childcare settings. Upon completion of the Early Childhood Assistant program, graduates are equipped to work as supportive members of early childhood education teams in various settings, such as childcare centres, preschools, kindergartens, and family childcare homes. They are prepared to assist in the care, education, and overall development of young children, contributing to their well-being and growth.
Roles of an Early Childcare Assistant
- Assisting with Daily Routines
- Engaging Children in Activities
- Maintaining a Safe Environment
- Supporting Social and Emotional Development
- Observing Children’s Behavior
- Collaborating with Team Members
- Communicating with Families
Who is this program for?
You can enroll in this program if you have a genuine passion for working with young children and are interested in pursuing a career in the field of early childhood education and care.
Graduates from this program can work in the following places :
- Childcare Centers
- Kindergarten classrooms
- Family Childcare Homes
- Before and After School Programs
1. Pay a non-refundable application fee of N5,000 to the account details below
Account Number: 2040747646
Bank Name: First Bank
Account Name: Early Years Training Academy
2. Fill and submit application form.
Click here to Fill the Application form
3. Take the entrance test